Launched in April 2013, Broota was Latin America’s first equity crowdfunding platform. The company is headquartered in Santiago, Chile and has successfully closed three equity transactions since inception, raising roughly $363,000 (203MM Chilean pesos) for three Chilean startups, including itself.
Broota closed its seed round on its platform in December 2013. It raised ~$228,000 in a transaction that valued the company at $1.9 million. With 68 investors the mean investment amount was$3,500
With plans to expand throughout Latin America, Broota moved into Brazil with BrootaBrazil in late 2013. The company is looking to raise an additional 100,000 Brazilian Real (~$43,000) on BrootaBrazil to finance the expansion.
Industry agnostic, Broota offers access to early-stage deal flow in Chile across all industries. There is no net-worth, income or accreditation requirement for investors. The minimum individual investment is $60, and a maximum can be set by the issuer.
- Founder - Patagonian Values, 2011-2012
- Exports, Viña Montes, 2009-2011
- Exports, Viña Tarapaca, 2005-2009
- Commercial Engineer U. de los Andes, 2005
- GN Director and Partner, Global Networks, 2008-2012
- Gestionnaire, JRS, RD CONGO, 2011-2012
- PUC, Diploma Civil Engineer Industrial Information Technology, 2006
Latin America, a rapidly-developing region with a (mostly) common language and an affinity for social media, presents a great opportunity for crowdsourcing and crowdfunding. Recently, we learned of an equity crowdfunding campaign that took place in Chi …